Don’t wait too long for you drivers to update their insurance cards
In 2018, 6% of all car insurance policyholders had a claim in the US. This was a total of 6.7, million claims with 1.9M being bodily injury claims and 4.8M being property damage claims. These facts can be a liability nightmare for organizations providing transportation for the special needs, disabled and elderly community. But it doesn’t have to be all that bad, careful management of paid drivers, volunteer drivers, and vehicles can keep your program running smoothly and without problems.
Here are a couple of tips to help:
- Paper trails are the #1 source of errors when an incident or problem happens. This could be due to missing paperwork, incomplete paperwork, un-legible documents, or merely incorrect filing. Converting paper collection to digital collection is the first step to making information easily accessible and searchable.
- Keeping up-to-date on driver’s license and insurance expirations can be tedious and error-prone. Having an automated way for both the driver/service provider and organization to understand when expirations happen is an easy win. This allows everyone to keep current their ability to drive and protect against any liability issues for the organization.
- Regular vehicle inspections, maintenance record keeping, and mileage tracking are key ways to keep fleet sedans, vans, and buses from unnecessary breakdowns during operation. Making sure that this data is captured, accessible, and easily analyzed allows maintenance costs to lower and decreases vehicle downtime.
Spedsta software has several innovative ways that can help you solve these problems:
- Spedsta’s cloud storage for digital documents such as PDFs, docs, or images allows for drivers and vehicle paperwork to reduce to zero. No more searching for paper, with one click all the information is now at your fingertips.
- With the help of dozens of customer feedback, Spedsta has developed an automated and easy way to keep track of all license and insurance expirations. The key to this is having easy ways for everyone to enter the data. Through an easy-to-use interface for entering expirations and smartphone pictures of documents whenever a license or insurance gets close to expiration a unique notifications flow is kicked off to ensure that everyone is notified and actions are taken to make sure everything is up-to-date
- Logging vehicle inspection data points, maintenance milestones, and mileage are made easy through Spedsta’s digital web forms. All sorts of data are recorded, analyzed, and can be acted upon by the organization in real-time. Spedsta’s machine learning platform also generates insights that proactively alert the organization of any potential problems.
Protecting your organization and your service providers/drivers from liability exposure is a necessary part of operating a transportation program. Making it easy to manage all this complexity allows you to focus on the real part of your job – ensuring your community gets the transportation access they deserve.